Thursday, October 05, 2006

B is for BUSY!!!!!!!!!








Hey Folks!!!

Ok!!.. so right now is 10:30am.. im showered/had breakfast and am waiting for "DT" to show up. Im helping him do some odd jobs this week to help me get some funds together. I have soooooo much stuff to try to share with you all.. I really need to start taking 10 minutes every night to do these entries.. there is just TOO much to report. But i'll try my best while I have the chance.

So as you can see ive uploaded some more "eye candy" for you all. I'll try to give some descriptions of the pics for you from top to bottom.

#1. Is a goofy shot of me taking a pic of ..me.. while im working on the new kit setup at SaltWaterSounds music store on Water St. Chatham.

#2. & #3. are pics of the new setup ive decided on.. even tho you're seeing 14",15"toms in the front.. i'll be downsizing to 12",13" if I decide to use the Crestars for now.. I may go 10",12" with the Granstars instead... we'll see.

#4. & #5. are pics of the plaque I have on display down at SaltWaterSounds .. it was a gift from Paul and it is/was VERY flattering to have that happen. Thanks again Paul!!!

#6. Is a shot of me and "DT" at a job site 2 mornings ago.. havin a blast as always.. listening to Conrad Simon and doin some plumbing!!!

#7. Is the last shot I put up..its the view from the jobsite I just mentioned...whata morning that was..as you can see.

So that covers those pics.. outside of that.. ive been taking some rest time for myself from drumming.. even tho mentally its always in my life.. I just needed a break. Aside from resting.. ive been spending ALOT of time working and getting closer with my new girlfriend...who is/has been nothing short of an inspiration for me. In musical news.. I have been added to www.drummersconnect.com ..everyone please feel free to stop by there and thank Yves for creating that community and for supporting yours truly!!! ..thanks again Yves!!!

Last night I gave my first OFFICIAL drum lesson to a young man named Austin. He is 11 years old..and the lesson went VERY well. This kid will be good for me I think..hes super excited to learn ..and im really in need of that magic again. So if anyone would be interested in drum lessons.. YES ..I TEACH DRUMS!!!

Right now im just anxious to get my stuff back home and set up.. I had a crazy scare happen this week.. where I thought someone may have stolen my 76mm ammo shell from the store... lemme just say "retirement of all things nice" was my motto for a couple days. Wayne..if you see this.. ya.. we'll talk about the drama bro. I need to cut this short.. as im about to leave for work for today.. I gotta work til 5 with "DT" then do yard work for my buddy Ed.. then I work 10-4 for my father..covering a shift.. then back up by 7am to do it ALL over again..8-5 with "DT" ..6-8 with Ed.. 10-4 for my father.. so lets just say BUSY and WORK.. are my life right now.. hope you're all enjoying yourselves.. and thanks to everyone who is reading these entries!!!

Mike

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude! Just wanted to give you my email address if you come across any drums. It was good seeing you at the pumkin fest or what ever its called. I thought I was going to be able to blow up my own pumpkins....oh well. Here is my email....
jeffandtosha@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from you!!
Jeff

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike,

Boo McAffee wanted you to know about this big WFD competition with big prizes in Quebec City. It goes on for the next two weeks with the finals at St. Charles garnier College October 26. Some of the prizes is 2 nights at the Anaheim Contest DW Pedals etc...

Here's the phone number for the store (418) 525-8601.

Zoro will be there.

As good as you are, it is really wise to enter a tuneup contest just to get a feel for the event. I would strongly suggest you do it for sure.

Email at Drumometer@hotmail.com if you have additional questions. That's Boo's email.

Good Luck,

Matt Smith
WFD Hands Champ.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home