Monday, October 30, 2006

WHO IS THE CANADIAN WFD CHAMPION FOR 2006???










MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Thats Right Folks!!!

I. Mike "Machine" Mallais. Have placed 1st for BOTH Hands and Feet at the Canadian WFD competition held in Quebec City, Quebec!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an amazing experience for me .. and for my girlfriend Christine!!! We travelled by train.. took us about 14 hours each way.. but boy was it ever worth it. I had such a great time with her.. and had such a great time competing and meeting so many great ppl!!!

I have to take this chance to thank Rej of Musique Gagne!!! He is an amazing guy for letting me enter the semi finals via videos.. and to have the faith in me to let me voice my opinion with how things went down.. to be fair for all contestants... i'll leave out the details.. but I did help make it fair for everyone.. so I hope that was appreciated!!!

For the hands competition... I scored 960 Single Strokes in 60 Seconds... using my Los Cabos 5A Hickory Drumsticks!!!

For the feet competition... I scored 974 Single Strokes in 60 seconds... using their DW5002 Double Pedals.

I have been told by Tim Waterson himself (current WFD feet Champion) that I now have the THIRD HIGHEST FOOT SCORE IN WFD HISTORY for 60 seconds single strokes!!!!!!!!!!

Aside from winning in Quebec.. I made some new friends ..some whom are pictured.. some whom are not.. but I would like to say hi to Julien!!! From the Quebec band "Blinded By Faith" and also to Marie Louise ..for being such a great friend to Christine and I.. she truly was great to us..and we owe her a HUGE thanx!!!!!!!

This is all I can say for now folks.. im so swamped and need to tackle TOOOOO much!!! As soon as I got off the train .. I had to go to "The Tide" for setup/soundcheck as I played a gig on BASS on saturday with local band "Whiskey Finger" ..it was a great time with the boys.. and pics are to come soon.. but that just gives you all an idea of how busy I truly am.. I hardly slept since ive been home..and I still cant seem to make time for much.. but this is great news for me ..and needed to share with you all!!!

THANKS to everyone who has emailed/msg'd/called ...your support is unreal.. and I wont let you down in January when I goto LA!!!

Thats it for now!!! Smash On!!! \m/

Mike

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Mike. You are absolutely for real. But I think Tim wants to say that you are second fastest of guys other than him. Go to the WFD rankings:
www.extremesportdrumming.com/wfdrank.php?event=2

You will see that Tiger Bill Meligari is official at 1011 for 2nd place. Plus you have to have all that happen at a WFD event with officials present...but who cares?

You are definately a favorite to take the world title in Ananheim, and if Lord Marco comes too, that's going to be a serious war.

Again congrats. I will start a thread about this on Drummerworld.

Matt Smith

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please go to drummerworld and join in the discussions that are starting to crank up about you. Maybe Marco will eventually show up.

Go to General discussions. Stuff about you is in How Does the WFD Work Exactly? and Winner Announced/Quebec WFD Championship.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mike,

Congrats from WFD headquarters. Your scores will be in our rankings soon. Please send a photo of yourself to Tamarah@WorldsFastestDrummer.com and I will include it with your rankings.

Congrats again,
Tamarah Jones
WFD

2:28 PM  
Blogger Gene Fowler said...

ATTA BOY MIKE!

IT's starting fellah!

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home