Wednesday, May 31, 2006

To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Been Before!!

Hey Everyone!!

Yesterday was both productive and eventful!!. I started the day with my duties.. and then being unable to resist the insanely nice weather ..I went on a bike run to town.. its about 10km out.. 10km back of course. I first went to Tim Hortons..even tho ive quit coffee..I got a couple bottles of apple juice and a blueberry muffin..mmmm makes me want some right now just mentioning it hahaha.

After that.. I went to visit Paul McGraw at "Salt Water Sounds" on water st.. he is one of 3 music stores on the Miramichi River. Anyway.. me and Paul have agreed to work out an idea..where I will be busking on water st. for only 1 day this june. The idea is to raise the money I need to afford going to NAMM '06 in Texas this July... this is where they host the WFD event (Worlds Fastest Drummer). Im in dire of need of alot of preperation tho... so I may not make the July event.. might have to wait for December '06 in L.A. ..but even so..raising the money either way is essential. It will be put into a special bank account to insure it. Wish me luck with this.. as I stand a good chance at making a fool of myself in this "city" haha. Noone has busked a drumkit in this town EVER..so it'll be a first. Luckily.. me and Paul both have connections at the newspaper..so it will be well advertised.. I'll keep you posted of course.

While at Paul's ..Aaron and Siophan dropped in because they noticed my bike parked out front. Aaron tested out a case for his Yamaha hollowbody guitar..but it didnt fit. So we said good bye to Paul and headed over to Jody's shop to let him know of the party Aaron was hosting.. his going away party.

I then biked back home to have supper (breakfast really haha). After having a meal.. I then put in 2.5 hours on the drumkit.. it was a tiring smash forsure.. I feel soooo outta shape lately. But I admit fully..ive been slackin on the actual playing of the kit. Then afterwards.. I showered and got myself ready to go out and left by 9:30pm. We partied all night.. and I made the most of the night..making it my "farewell to party supplies" if you know what I mean... so thats it for me folks.. im now officially cleaning out.. NO MORE PARTY SUPPLIES... thats right ..go ahead and label me "STRAIGHT EDGE" ..thats kool with me.. im looking forward to my new lifestyle. The quote by Ghandi "we must become the change we wish to see in the world" will not be forgotten.. it will be applied.

So thats it for last night. Today has started at noon.. im just having my breakfast and then im gonna clean up and start the day. Right now my folks are out gathering bathroom supplies.. so im gonna smash til they return home.. and then spend all day today working on the bathroom renovations.. I cant wait to have a presentable home finally. Wish us luck folks.. take care and smash hard!!!

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home