Friday, June 16, 2006

Lights,Camera,ACTION!!










Hey Everyone!!

As you can see.. Ive uploaded some pictures from the jam room!! What you're seeing are my new drum arrangements..the new flight case.. and the start of putting up egg flats all over the room.

Today is Friday.. so i'll try to recap abit on what ive been up to. Musically.. ive been very very busy.. constantly studying material for the recordings im committed to. I had both Tuesday and Wednesday off work... but Tuesday has been mentioned. Wednesday was an amazingly GORGEOUS day weather wise... so I biked 10km to "town" and spent the afternoon meeting up with friends..and having good times. I had brought my sticks/practise pad/metronome out with me..and fooled with that in the park for awhile. I ended up meeting Leelynn..who is someone I have on my MSN messenger.. so I introduced myself and demonstrated for her some of the practise techniques I was doing. Good Times!. From there.. me and Chris Frank went around town being adventurous.. we had a blast!! Then it was another 10km bike ride home.. and I spent the night smashing. Later on in the evening I went out again with Ray and Dean ..we picked up Brucifer and hung out til about 3am. Great times were had!!

Thursday started amazingly. I got news from Paulin of ECHO that they have invested into the Roland TD-12 Drumkit..JUST for me to use within their band!! im so very flattered!! goto www.echo-online.ca to see the news!!! From there I went to work with brian for the afternoon. We went over some things he needs me to learn..and then we set up a DJ system at Harkins middle school in Newcastle. It was there I met another Miramichi drummer!! Phil!!! Hey Phil!!! ..great guy.. truly. Cant wait to see/hear him smash it up!! Then after working the day away.. Brian was great enough to drive me back home (man he's so f'ing good to me) ..and I had supper and then smashed til about 9pm. I then had a power nap til 11pm... Marc came down for me and we went and picked up Brucifer!! ..we all hung out last night with Matt. Mark and Brad were around too.. so it was great!!

So today is Friday.. Ive got my breakfast cooking now.. and im about to paint my dresser black..and then im gonna paint some more egg flats black. I love black!! =) ..its another gorgeous day outside.. and the folks have gone for a trip to Tracadie to get my dad some Lobster for Fathers Day. Hope they have fun and come home safely!! .. so thats it for now folks.. enjoy the pictures and I'll keep the updates coming!!!

Thanks again for your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smash On!!!!!

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home