Wednesday, June 07, 2006

New Samples!!!

Hey Everyone!!

Today is Wednesday the 7th. Yesterday was the big 06/06/06!! yeeehaw haha. Sorry its been a few days since my last entry.. but ive been busy busy busy!!. I want to mention that ive uploaded 2 new samples to the blog!!! ..they are both recordings I did back in 2003 with a band called "George Paul & The Red Ochre Band". Im hoping this will give you guys an idea of the versatility I can offer a band.

Monday I had the day off from work.. so I spent the day cleaning the house/working on the bathroom renovations. I got some carpet torn out finally.. so im glad thats done. I spent that night hangin out with Ray and Dean.. we visited Spencer and played vid games til about 3am.

Tuesday started at 9am. Brian called me and said I was working.. so he was awesome enough to come pick me up at 10am!! Best boss I could ask for!! I was introduced to my associate Dave... a very kool kat.. super layed back..and loves his music. We spent the day arranging the warehouse and cleaning most of the gear.. it was tedious.. but I loved it!! Brians mom made us REAL Iced Tea with sliced lemons.. shes wayyyyyyyyy too good to us haha. Once we finished the cleaning.. we then helped Brian fix a leaky roof.. it was a SUPER hot day.. but we survived. Then we headed down to the park in Newcastle and fixed the arrangement of the horns TS has set up. The city has been complaining abit that at some places in the park.. you cant hear the music.. so we re-adjusted as best we could... I hope they're satisfied!!

After all that was done.. Brian said we we're done for the day.. it was about 4:30pm. Brian was then AWESOME enough to drive me alllll the way down to Loggieville to change and drop off a power conditioner he's sold me!! ..almost forgot about that new toy =) Thanks Brian!!.. I then got a ride back to newcastle because I had met Bruce in the park around 3pm and we made plans to meet and hang out at 5pm. So I met up with him and a few other friends we know.. and we just soaked up the nice weather by walking around the town/ritchies wharf. Once we got bored of that.. me and Brucifer went to visit my buddy Matt. We chilled at his place right til 12:30am playing the new Matrix game on PS2 "The Path Of Neo". MAN.. that game is just awesome!! ..Matt's already beaten it ..whata guy hahah.

So now its about 2:15 pm and im ready to start the day. I woke up around 1 and checked emails and stuff.. but also making plans with Paulin from "Echo" to go over to the local music store here "Millbank Music" to look at a Roland TD-12 Electronic DrumKit they have forsale. The band is considering investing into an E-kit for me to use with their band under the circumstances i'll be joining the band and paying off the E-kit with gigs!!! I told Paulin i'll need a T-shirt that says "WILL DRUM FOR DRUMS!!!" hahaha.. this is turning out to be such a great oppourtunity for me.. I have NO regrets of not being on tour right now.

So thats it for now folks.. i'll try to make another entry asap.. take care everyone.. and thanks for your support!!!

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home